Wednesday 16 February 2011

Wildcats

Yesterday I spent all day making this:
It's an idea I've had for a while, inspired by the fact that every decent (or I guess that would be indecent) gyaruo have leopard print underwear XD The leaopard print part is fabric, the rest is coloured in Copic markers. I don't know why I suddenly had the urge to use them, 'cause I thought I really sucked at it. Anyway, it turned out quite nice, even though I still have a lot of practice to do.
I had a very limited selection of markers:
Bought these a while ago, in Japan, and havn't used them much since. Now I'm seriously considering investing in a few essentials, like red and grey, and get serious about that practice, 'cause I just had so much fun!

On V-day it was my dads B-day, so I decided to bake him a cake.
Banana cake. Haha, poor banana.
Turned out really good, even though it's been a while since I've baked anything, and I've never been particularily good at it. But that's another thing that I love doing, so I have gotten a lot of practice :D

I've been getting various interesting mail from abroad lately, but when I got one from Peking University yesterday I was very very puzzled. Then I got really happy, 'cause it turned out of was from my friend Julie, in China (stealing stationary much?XD)
It was a Chinese Newyears letter, with a chineez moneyz and a super cute Year-of-the-bunny envelope. That one I'm gonna put on my wall. I can't wait 'till she comes home!

I also went to my comicing circle on Monday, even though it was freezing cold outside. I've decided to make a real comitment to it, sort of as practice? I havn't been late once since I came back from Japan.
Yeah... It's only a fase, I swear.
Cold weather calls for wrapping up.

I decided today was gonna be my day off, kinda. Since I'm kind of exhausted from yesterday. Can't guarantee I won't end up drawing anyway though :p
I'm trying to make myself do that damn phone call anyway. And then I'm going to meet Cat in Oslo.
Have a nice day, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. lol, seems you have almost the same red patterned floor-mat as I have in my back room O_o

    Love the picture! You are so talented! ^^"

    I got the urge to use watercolour pencils recently, but I still didn't do it yet. >.<...

    ReplyDelete