Thursday 10 February 2011

Like Totally Teenage Lovers introduction

I decided to start translating my comic "Like Totally Teenage Lovers". It's one I'm currently drawing and running on my Norwegian art blog as well. It's the first time I try running a comic before I've finished it (well, since I started these blogs anyway), and I'm pretty determined to do it right. The story and sketching is mostly finished (except for a few tweeks), and it will be at a total of around 80 pages, which probably don't sound like much, but to me it's the longest project I've attempted since I got serious. I try not to be too ambitious, seeing as I use a lot of time on my comics. A lot of time on drawing, but also on writing and sketching.
Unfortionately I've had to have a little break while I went to Japan, and now while drawing an entry for a contest. Most likely that will be done this week, and I'll keep drawing Like Totally next week^^

A little introduction
"Like Totally Teenage Lovers" is a drama, the main character is Akira Ishiguro, who randomly meets an old classmate, during another boring summer vacation. Various things will force him to grab himself by the neck and take some actions, and will make him think through a few things about himself and his life. There's also a little mystery involved^^
While writing it the title was "Babysitter", but it sounds kinda kinky and also lame in Norwegian, so I decided to name it after a line in a song by my favourite band, 12012. The song's called "Secret Festival", and don't bother listening for that lyric because it's completely indecipherable XD
The characters are not teenagers anymore, but the idea fits a lot of things in the comic, so I jsut fell in love with this title.
Story was thought out and mostly written over the summer I lived in my boyfriends apartment in Japan, and most of the simple dialogue was thought out in Japanese and then translated into Norwegian. To translate it into English I've tried to go back to the lines I originally thought out in Japanese, to make it less processed (or whatever :p).

I'll try to post up every Thursday from now on^^
Sorry about any poor English that might come in the future, and commenting is much appreciated, all though just reading it (and telling your friends!!) is even more important to me!
Wow, that was a lot of talk. So I'll start out with the first two pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment