Saturday 15 January 2011

Desperate love scenes :p

While I was in Osaka I also suddenly got the urge to draw again. I never really go long without having some spontanious outbursts of wanting to pull out a sketch pad, but a lot of the time I'm just not carrying a sketch pad or I don't have the time.
But when we were in Osaka I suddenly had some inspiration, and a feeling that really lingered that the time had come to sit down with pencil and paper again. I love that feeling^^

So I bought this, which is really really cheap, and it's not so bad either. The paper is a bit thick for my taste ('cause I rub out alot of my lines), and it's not something to use for creating a master piece, but it totally works on a slightly less ambitious level^^

Ofcourse, I don't have any scans, but thought I'd post them anyway and post proper scans later. First there's this:

My god, I really do draw huge ass heads!XD
And since I made the jacket blend in with the background the body looks even smaller. I really like the idea (so might make another BETTER verson of this, or not?), though it's not really clear. I first thought about the word rib cage, and the bird in the left cage (maybe his heart?) was let loose and died, but it's really up for entepretation.
I posted it with no explenation at all on my norwegian blog, and my friend Jacq said that she thought of the canarys used to detect poisonous gas in the old mines, and that the cages were like his lungs, so maybe he should really stop smoking XD
It's called "katakoi". Kind of like "hardened love", it sounds stupig :p

The other one I made was this.

Details:


I made it thinking that being in love always looks so nice from the outside, and you always want to be in love when you're not. But then you fall in love and all the uncertainty and dark feelings come out too.
Yeah, I don't think it's a coincidence that this inspiration came to me when I was in Osaka and felt I was kind of isolating mylef from what I should be doing...:p
Guess you can expect more of the emo when I come back to Norway. At least it turns into pictures^^

No comments:

Post a Comment